How to Find Child Care in Maryland
For information and assistance on finding child care, please visit marylandchild.org.
You may also want to visit the Maryland Family Network resource, Locate: Child Care.
locate: child care
Selecting child care is one of the most important decisions your family will make for your young child. Because your child’s first five years last forever, take the time to make the best choice.
Click here to search for child care online. Or, for free, personalized assistance, contact a LOCATE: Child Care referral specialist by calling 877.261.0060 Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. A referral specialist will help you to identify child care options based on your family’s specific needs.
Our LOCATE: Child Care Special Needs Service is also available Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 800.999.0120 or learn more about finding care for children with special needs here.
Para obtener referencias de proveedores licenciados por favor llame LOCATE: Child Care al 800-999-0120 o español@marylandfamilynetwork.org.
What is LOCATE: Child Care
LOCATE: Child Care, is a free and confidential referral service that will help you find the best child care for your family. The program is affiliated with all of Maryland’s regulated child care providers. Our referral options include:
- Child care
- Center-based care facilities
- Private kindergartens
- Private nursery schools
- Head Start programs
- School-age & After-school programs
- To find summer camp options for children visit the Maryland Department of Health's new searchable database.
When a parent contacts LOCATE: Child Care a referral specialist will:
- Discuss the family’s child care preferences, including type of care, location, cost, and other variables;
- Describe the type of child care available;
- Explain guidelines for quality child care;
- Search the LOCATE: Child Care database to present you with a list of options;
- Provide current information on early childhood education and best child care practices, and
- Link the caller to other resources, such as the Maryland Child Care Scholarship Program.
LOCATE: Child Care referral specialists respect the caregiver’s right and ability to choose the best care for their child. Referral specialists are professionals holding a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or a related field. Your information will be kept confidential.
Save time by completing an online intake form found here before speaking with a LOCATE: Child Care referral specialist. Once you have submitted the form, a referral specialist will contact you within three business days between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.