Applicants must complete a grant application (PDF) to be eligible for funds.
Please be careful to respond to every statement of the application. When a statement does not apply, please answer Yes, No or Does Not Apply (N/A).
Any incomplete applications will be returned.
A program guide, which explains the program in more detail, including application instructions, funding limits, how funding may be used, and lists of eligible and non-eligible expenses, is available here (PDF).
- One application must be provided for each child care facility when provider(s) operate/own multiple sites. FEIN/SSN identification must be provided per site to qualify for multiple awards.
- Itemize all supplies, materials, and equipment that you propose purchasing. Include the cost of each. Use additional sheets of paper if necessary.
- Provide a description of how you will use each item to improve/enhance the quality of care for the children. The description of how you will use each item is a critically important consideration in the ranking of applications.
- Forward completed application(s) to the Child Care Regional Licensing Office (DOC) in your county. Questions may be directed to these regional offices as well.
Grants will be awarded quarterly during each state fiscal year in the months of:
Applicants will be notified in writing whether their application has been approved or disapproved. Child Care Providers are eligible for a Grant Award once every three years.
Grants may be awarded to qualified applicants based upon the number of children in their care:
- A child care facility or family provider with fewer than 10 children may be awarded a grant of up to $1000.
- A child care facility with up to 29 children may be awarded a grant of up to $1,500.
- A child care facility with more than 30 children may be awarded a grant of up to $2,500.