The other sections of this site describe the what’s and the how-to’s of child care and early education in Maryland. The basis for much of that material is found in the state’s early childhood regulations. The following regulations under the Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) govern all early childhood programs in Maryland.
Visit http://marylandpublicschools.org to access the regulations for:
- Child Care Accreditation Support Fund
- Child Care Centers
- Child Care Credential Program
- Child Care -- Letters of Compliance
- Child Care Quality Incentive Grant Program
- Child Care Subsidy Program
- Family Child Care
- Family Child Care Provider Direct Grant Fund
- Large Family Child Care Homes
- Maryland EXCELS
- Pre-Kindergarten Programs
To receive a copy of the regulations, child care providers can contact their Licensing Specialist.
Family Engagement Promotes Success for Children
Download the Maryland’s Early Childhood Family Engagement Framework to learn how you can support family engagement for the children in your care.