This section provides information on standards, curriculum and assessment, and professional development resources to support the teaching and learning of children from Prekindergarten through Grade 2.
For all of us, the goal is to promote children’s learning and development both now and as a foundation for future success. The Division of Early Childhood offers information and resources to support everyone who is involved in achieving this goal for all of Maryland’s children.
Meeting the Challenge: Maryland’s Early Learning Response to COVID-19
Prekindergarten and Kindergarten Information
Download information on Maryland’s Prekindergarten programs…
- MSDE Pre-K Fact Sheet (DOC)
- Statewide Directory of Public Pre-K Programs (PDF)
- FAQs for Local School Systems (DOC)
- FAQs for Parents and Families (DOC)
- Local Early Learning Supervisors/Coordinators/Directors (DOC)
Learn more about Maryland Pre-K Grant Programs
Questions can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
… and Maryland’s public kindergarten programs:
Interested in a Particular Topic?
It’s as simple as following the links:
- Pre-K Grant Programs
- Pre-K Manual Appendices
- Maryland Early Learning Framework
- Maryland Early Learning Standards
- Ready 4 Kindergarten: Maryland's Early Childhood Comprehension Assessement System
- Guide to Early Childhood Pedagogy
- Maryland Program Accreditation
- Early Childhood Curriculum
- Family Engagement Framework
- State Regulations
- Professional Development
- Judith P. Hoyer Program
- Professional Development Master Plan
- Careers in Early Childhood Education