This section provides information on standards, curriculum and assessment, and professional development resources to support the teaching and learning of children from Prekindergarten through Grade 2.
For all of us, the goal is to promote children’s learning and development both now and as a foundation for future success. The Division of Early Childhood offers information and resources to support everyone who is involved in achieving this goal for all of Maryland’s children.
Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Information
Download information on Maryland’s Pre-Kindergarten programs…
- MSDE PreK Fact Sheet (DOC)
- Statewide Directory of Public PreK Programs (PDF)
- FAQs for Local School Systems (DOC)
- FAQs for Parents and Families (DOC)
- Local Early Learning Supervisors/Coordinators/Directors (DOC)
Questions can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
… and Maryland’s public kindergarten programs:
Interested in a Particular Topic?
It’s as simple as following the links:
- PreK Grant Programs
- PreK Manual Appendices
- Maryland Early Learning Framework
- Maryland Early Learning Standards
- Ready 4 Kindergarten: Maryland's Early Childhood Comprehension Assessement System
- Guide to Early Childhood Pedagogy
- Maryland Program Accreditation
- Early Childhood Curriculum
- Family Engagement Framework
- State Regulations
- Professional Development
- Judith P. Hoyer Program
- Professional Development Master Plan
- Careers in Early Childhood Education