The State Early Childhood Advisory Council (ECAC) is comprised of early childhood educators, policy makers, and community advocates from across the state. The purpose of the ECAC is to coordinate efforts among early care and education programs, conduct needs assessments concerning early childhood education and development programs, and develop a statewide strategic report regarding early childhood education and care.
All 2023 meetings will be virtual until further notice.
2023 Meeting Dates
2022 Virtual Meeting Dates and Materials
- February 2, 2022 Agenda l Presentation l Community Engagement
- May 4, 2022 Memo l Agenda l Presentation
- August 24, 2022 Memo l Agenda l Recording l Judy Center Sites l Presentation
- October 28, 2022 Memo I Agenda I Priorities I Presentation
2021 Virtual Meeting Dates and Materials
- November 3, 2021 Agenda I Presentation I Blueprint Pre-K
- August 4, 2021 Presentation
- May 5, 2021 Presentation
- February 3, 2021 Presentation
2020 Virtual Meeting Dates
- Wednesday, May 6, 2020 (10:00am-12:00pm) Agenda l Webinar Recording l Meeting Transcript l Presentation l Readiness Matters
- Wednesday, June 3, 2020 (10:00am-12:00pm) Agenda l Presentation l Webinar Recording
- Wednesday, July 1, 2020 (10:00am-12:00pm) Agenda l Presentation l Webinar Recording
- Wednesday, August 5, 2020 (10:00am-12:00pm) Agenda l Presentation l Webinar Recording
- Wednesday, November 4, 2020
2020 Meeting Minutes and Supporting Documents:
Wednesday, February 5, 2020
- Preschool Development Grant B-5 Update
- The Roaring 20's: A Look at the FY21 Budget for Early Childhood
- Prenatal-to-Age Three Initiatives Update
- Children Study Their World Curriculum
- MARYLAND EXCELS: The State’s Quality Rating and Improvement System
for child care and early education.
The ECAC Statute (DOC) and the Approved Bylaws of the ECAC (PDF) provide an overview of the members of the council, appointments and terms, and the duties and procedures for conducting business.
For more information about the State ECAC, please email: email@example.com
The ECAC Contact List (PDF) provides names and contact information for each members.