The LECACs have a common set of goals:
- To establish annual benchmarks of school readiness skills of children entering kindergarten.
- To conduct a periodic local needs assessment concerning. the quality and availability of early childhood education and development programs and services
- To develop an action plan for increasing the overall participation of children in existing programs, including outreach to underrepresented and special populations, elevating the quality of existing programs and coordinating the RTT-ELC goals and objectives at the local level.
- To coordinate early childhood initiatives and reforms locally.
- To report progress or challenges to the Governor’s State Advisory Council on Early Childhood Education and Care.
LECAC Resources and Highlights
- Local ECAC Overviews
- Allegany County
- Anne Arundel County
- Calvert County
- Carroll County
- Cecil County
- Charles County
- Dorchester County
- Frederick County
- Harford County
- Howard County
- Montgomery County
- Prince George's County
- Somerset County - Judy Center
- Somerset County - Early Childhood
- St. Mary's County
- Washington County
The LECAC Chairs/Co-Chairs Contact List (PDF) provides names and contact information for each county.
Download the recommended Local ECAC Bylaws Template.
For more information about the Local ECAC, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.