Early Childhood Systems Strategic Plan
Maryland’s PDG B-5 strategic planning process will operationalize the states vision for early care and education, and chart a clear path toward a coordinated, aligned, and integrated system of high quality programs, supports and services for young children and their families.
For the past year, Maryland has been working through the development of an updated vision, mission, and 5-year strategic plan to guide our early care and education (ECE) system development to support young children and their families as they grow and develop from the prenatal period through age 8. Future drafts of the strategic plan will include measurable actions, as well as indicators of progress and success.
We invite public comment on this initial draft of these materials. Please provide your thoughts and suggestions about how well this draft captures key state priorities, particularly about how we are focusing on:
- Promoting equity and diversity;
- Serving children and their families in 2-Generation programs and approaches;
- Addressing the needs of families experiencing adversity;
- Supporting multi-language learners; and
- Improving access and availability across programs and services.
Comments will be accepted through 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 27.