Credential Program Updates (Updated 5/14/2020)
- Credential Branch Program Guidance- FAQS (Revised 6/30/2020)
- Professional Activity Unit Guide: “Ways to engage in professional activities virtually”
Credential Program Updates (Originally posted 3/26/2020, Updated 5/14/2020)
Child Care Quality Incentive Grant Program Update (5/14/2020)
Effective immediately through June 30, 2020, the Office of Child Care - Credentialing Branch is no longer accepting applications for the FY2020 Child Care Quality Incentive Grant Program due to limited funding.
If you have questions regarding this notification, please contact the OCC-Credentialing Branch via e-mail at: email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in the Child Care Quality Incentive Grant Program.
New, renewal, upgrade and update application packets can be submitted by fax or email directly to Child Care Central:
Incentive Program Applications:
Until further notice, the following programs will be accepting applications via email effective immediately: Submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Family Child Care Provider Direct Grant Fund
- Child Care Quality Incentive Grant Program
- Training Voucher and Reimbursement Program
- Child Care Career and Professional Development Fund
Applications for the Training Voucher and Reimbursement will still be accepted through the online portal using the links below:
Please note: MSDE will not approve vouchers for conferences held now through June 30, or until the Governor removes the requirements that no more than 10 persons can congregate. All Conferences have been postponed or canceled and Trainers are not allowed to conduct any face-to-face training. If Colleges or trainers are conducting online preservice training, an application for voucher can be submitted.
Important: Please be sure to check the email provided on your application for correspondence regarding your application status.
MSDE Approved Trainers and Training Organizations
- Memorandum: Virtual Training Class Size
- Memorandum: Subject: Update on Face to Face training (Updated 6/10/2020)
- Memorandum: Subject: Update on Face to Face training (Updated 6/17/2020)
- Message to Conference Organizers
A Message from the Council for Professional Recognition
Professional Activity Units
Staff working in an EPSA and EPCC program will be awarded Two (2) PAUs
- Providers must submit a written letter on the center letterhead from the Director.
- Owner/Director-Must submit letter of approval from MSDE
Here are some examples of PAUs that will be awarded automatically to Providers:
- 10 years of working in child care - One (1) PAU
- 20 years of working in child care - Two (2) PAUs
- 30 years working in child care - Three (3) PAUs
Here are some examples of Professional activities that you can submit with your Credentialing applications
- Active Association Board Member - Two (2) PAUs
- Child Care Conference committee member - One (1) PAU
- Active Child Care Association committee member - One (1) PAU
- Informal Mentor - One (1) PAU
- Member of a local, state or national child care professional organization - One (1) PAU
- Newsletter Contributor - Two (2) PAUs
- Professional child care book club - One (1) PAU
- Judy Center partner - Two (2) PAUs
Here are some examples of PAUs Providers can participate in virtually
- Participate on a committee in planning a virtual conference - One (1) PAUs
- Approved trainer/college instructor of infant/toddler, early childhood, or school-age virtual training - Three (3) PAUs
- Attend a virtual national conference - Three (3) PAUs
- Maryland EXCELS and accreditation peer support group or Community of Practice - One (1) PAU
- Formal mentor for a student - Three (3) PAUs
For additional activities, please reference the Professional Activity Unit Guide: “Ways to engage in professional activities virtually”