It’s Never Too Early To Learn.
What’s A Judy Center?
The Judith P. Hoyer Center Early Learning Hubs, also known as “Judy Centers,” benefit everyone in Maryland by improving the quality of life for families. Through a dedicated staff of early learning professionals, they help prepare children age birth through kindergarten for school readiness. Located at Title I schools in every Maryland county, Judy Centers play an important role in the communities they serve.
Judy Center Services
Judy Center Early Learning Hubs prepare children for success in school and life. By connecting families with high-quality, comprehensive, full-day, full-year early education services, the Judy Centers promote school readiness for children ages birth through five. Utilizing a multigenerational approach for families and children, and providing professional development for early childhood educators, Judy Centers help to support all of the adults in a child’s early years.
Judy Centers are uniquely positioned to support Maryland’s youngest learners by empowering a child’s first teacher— their families. Through various family engagement activities, such as playgroups and other family education events, Judy Centers help families to learn new ways to engage with their children. Years of research support the importance of positive early experiences as a foundation for future academic success. Judy Centers are critical in offering these experiences directly to children and instructing families to conduct similar experiences independently.
Each Judy Center is unique in meeting the needs of its communities. Still, all have common requirements and standards to coordinate the work and assist the staff in meeting their goals for families. Judy Centers provide services or connect families with local service providers for some of the following options:
- Adult Education
- Case Management
- Developmental and Health Screenings
- Family Engagement Activities
- Parenting Classes
- Early Intervention Identification
- 2021 Judy Center Annual Report
- 2020 Judy Center Annual Report
- 2019 Judy Center Annual Report
- 2018 Judy Center Annual Report
- 2017 Judy Center Annual Report
- 2016 Judy Center Annual Report
- 2015 Judy Center Annual Report
For more information about the Judy Centers, please contact:
- Para asistencia en Español - Nancy Garcia, Judy Center Partnership Specialist: email@example.com or 410-767-6546
- Amanda Holliday-Bembridge, Ph.D., Judy Center Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-767-0763
- Elizabeth Chambers, Judy Center Specialist: email@example.com or 410-803-5711