Office of Child Care Region 1 (Anne Arundel County)
Maryland State Department of Education
49 Old Solomons Island Road
Annapolis, MD. 21401
Map This Location
|Main office phone||410-573-9522|
To become a child care provider you first need to decide if you want to open a business in your home or if you want to create a center-based business. Below is a definition of each type of business:
- Family Child Care – You may provide care for up to 8 children in your home
- Large Family Child Care – You may care for up to 12 children in your home
- Child Care Center – You may provide care in a facility outside of your home that is zoned to be used as a child care center. The number of children you serve is dependent upon the square footage of the building.
To prepare for your orientation session, you may wish to view the on-line orientation preview. This does not replace the face-to-face orientation session you are required to attend at your regional Office of Child Care. You may take the appropriate virtual informative online orientation at:
- Family Child Care - https://earlychildhood.marylandpublicschools.org/child-care-providers/li...
- Large Family Child Care - https://earlychildhood.marylandpublicschools.org/child-care-providers/li...
- Child Care Center - https://earlychildhood.marylandpublicschools.org/child-care-providers/li...
To obtain required “local permits” for a child care center license or family child care registration - Click Here
For Provider Training (Pre-Service and Continuing) - please click here to find MSDE-approved training courses, trainers and training organizations.
|Office Secretary III||410-573-9521|
Upcoming Events and Other Information
Center Director's Training / Regulation Orientation Schedule
JANUARY THROUGH DECEMBER 2021
1:00 - 4:00 P.M.
As a new Center Director, this training is required by COMAR 13A.16.01-.19 for any Director hired after January 1, 2009. It must be taken within 6 months of the hire date. Directors who would like a "refresher" session may also attend.
January 19, 2022 - Join with Google Meet
- Join by phone: (US) +1 347-508-5993
- PIN: 601 087 089#
April 20, 2022 - Join with Google Meet
- Join by phone: (US) +1 904-300-0300
- PIN: 412 399 631#
June 15, 2022 - Join with Google Meet
- Join by phone: (US)+1 224-458-3395
- PIN: 593 618 159#
August 17, 2022 - Join with Google Meet
- Join by phone: (US) +1 484-321-6814
- PIN: 136 203 256#
November 16, 2022 - Join with Google Meet
- Join by phone: (US) +1 567-318-0118
- PIN: 329 594 656#
* Please be sure to keep your phone muted. You will be able to ask questions via chat on Meet.
PLEASE PRINT OUT THE CENTER CHILD CARE REGULATIONS - COMAR 13A.16 (CENTER) OR COMAR 13A.17 (LETTER OF COMPLIANCE) AND BRING THEM WITH YOU.