The Maryland Child Care Credential Program recognizes individual child care providers who increase their qualifications beyond the requirements of state licensing and registration regulations. There are six staff credential levels and four administrator levels offering various recognition of achievement based on a child care provider’s professional development/education, years of experience, and professional activities.
The Program is voluntary. Registered family child care providers and child care center staff are encouraged to participate.
Resources and Applications
- The Child Care Credential Program Booklet (PDF)
- The Maryland Child Care Credential Program (MCCCP) Application Form (PDF)
- Change of Address Form (PDF)
- First Application Cover Sheet (PDF)
- Renewal Application Cover Sheet (PDF)
- Maryland Child Care Credential Program Brochure (PDF)
- Guide to Accredited Online Colleges and Universities
- Child Care Resources Center Locations (PDF)
- Accrediting Organizations (PDF)
- Quality Assurance Specialists (PDF)
- Regional Licensing Offices (PDF)
- Family Child Care County Associations (PDF)