Office of Child Care Region 9 (Lower Shore Office)
Maryland State Department of Education
201 Baptist Street, Suite 32
Multi-Service Building, 2nd Floor
Salisbury, MD 21801
Map This Location
|Main office phone||410-713-3430|
Anyone who is interested in starting a child care business in a home or center is required to take the face-to-face orientation training. Please contact the Office of Child Care Regional Licensing Office to schedule the Orientation Training.To prepare for your orientation session, you may wish to view the on-line orientation preview. This does not replace the face-to-face orientation session you are required to attend at your regional Office of Child Care. (Click here to go to the Orientation page)"
To obtain required local permits for a Child Care License or Certificate of Registration - Click here
For Provider Training (Pre-Service and Continuing) - please click here to find MSDE-approved training courses, trainers and training organizations.
Lead Licensing Specialist
|Bell, Angelia L.
Region 9 - Upcoming Events and Other Information
2020 LISTENING ROUNDTABLES
Child Care Centers
- Friday July 17, 2020 @ 1-2pm
- Join with Google Meet meet.google.com/dvm-azhq-dwq
- Join by phone (US) +1 413-276-7659 PIN: 116 137 848#
Family Child Care Providers
- Thursday, July 16, 2020 @ 6:30-7:30pm
- Join with Google Meet meet.google.com/zxw-duma-mgy
- Join by phone (US) +1 414-909-6300 PIN: 365 484 987#
FAMILY CHILD CARE ORIENTATIONS I and II
All orientations are being done virtually and you must pre-register with Angelia L. Bell @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Child Care Orientation I
Tuesdays, @9:30am- 12:30 pm
- * Monday, July 13, 2020
- Sept 15, 2020
- October 20, 2020
Family Child Care Orientation II
Thursdays, @9:30am- 12:30pm
- August 20, 2020
- November 12, 2020
First Aid and CPR Training
Nick Morris, Instructor, offers First Aid/CPR Sessions through the American Heart Association. Please contact Mr. Morris at (410) 430-2923 for cost and to register for a class.
- Lower Shore Child Care Resource Center:
LOCATE Line – 1.877.261.0060
Monday - Friday, 9:30 A.M. – 3:30 P.M.
Office Line – 410.543.6650
- State Fire Marshal (Somerset & Wicomico Counties): 410.713.3780
- Worcester County Fire Marshal: 410.632.5666
- Health Department (Environmental Health Unit):
Somerset – 410.651.5600
Wicomico - 410.546.4446
Worcester - 410.632.1220
- Permits, Planning, and Zoning:
Call OCC @ 410.713.3430 for the phone number of the county or city office in which you reside.
- Wor-Wic Community College: 410.334.2815
- Nick Morris: 410.430.2923 – First Aid/CPR – American Heart Association - Second Floor Conference Room (Rm #2136)