Office of Child Care Region 9 (Lower Shore Office)
Maryland State Department of Education
201 Baptist Street, Suite 32
Multi-Service Building, 2nd Floor
Salisbury, MD 21801
Map This Location
|Main office phone||410-713-3430|
Anyone who is interested in starting a child care business in a home or center is required to take the face-to-face orientation training. Please contact the Office of Child Care Regional Licensing Office to schedule the Orientation Training.To prepare for your orientation session, you may wish to view the on-line orientation preview. This does not replace the face-to-face orientation session you are required to attend at your regional Office of Child Care. (Click here to go to the Orientation page)"
To obtain required local permits for a Child Care License or Certificate of Registration - Click here
For Provider Training (Pre-Service and Continuing) - please click here to find MSDE-approved training courses, trainers and training organizations.
Lead Licensing Specialist
|Bell, Angelia L.
|Lead Licensing Specialist||410-713-3430|
Region 9 - Upcoming Events and Other Information
- Wednesday, January 29, 2020 6-9 pm New Regulations for Centers
- Wednesday, February 05, 2020 6-9 pm New Regulations for Family Care Providers
- Thursday, April 23, 2020 6-9 pm Mental Health in Child Care w/ Latrice Gray Lower Shore Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation/ SU
- Wednesday, October 14, 2020 6-9- pm Child Advocacy Center
FAMILY CHILD CARE ORIENTATIONS I and II
In person Orientation: Family Child Care: I & II
Location: 201 Baptist Street, Multi Service Building, Salisbury, MD-21801
Conference Room # 2136
Family Child Care Orientation I
Tuesdays, @9:30am- 12:30 pm
January 15, 2019 March 5, 2019
May 7, 2019 July 9, 2019
Sept 10, 2019 October 29, 2019
Family Child Care Orientation II
Thursdays, @9:30- 12:30pm
March 21, 2019 June 6, 2019
August 1, 2019 November 14, 2019
Please contact the Region 9, Office of Child Care Licensing Office at (410) 713-3430 to speak with a Licensing Specialist and schedule in person Orientation Session.
First Aid and CPR Training
Nick Morris, Instructor, offers First Aid/CPR Sessions through the American Heart Association. His sessions will be held in the Second Floor Conference Room (Room #2136) of the Multi-Service Center. Please contact Mr. Morris at (410) 430-2923 for cost and to register for these sessions.
CPR/ FIRST AID
Wednesdays, @8:30am- 3:30pm:
February 6, 2019 July 10, 2019
March 6, 2019 August 7, 2019
April 3, 2019 September 4, 2019
May 8, 2019 October 9, 2019
June 12, 2019 November 13, 2019
- Lower Shore Child Care Resource Center:
LOCATE Line – 1.877.261.0060
Monday - Friday, 9:30 A.M. – 3:30 P.M.
Office Line – 410.543.6650
- State Fire Marshal (Somerset & Wicomico Counties): 410.713.3780
- Worcester County Fire Marshal: 410.632.5666
- Health Department (Environmental Health Unit):
Somerset – 410.651.5600
Wicomico - 410.546.4446
Worcester - 410.632.1220
- Permits, Planning, and Zoning:
Call OCC @ 410.713.3430 for the phone number of the county or city office in which you reside.
- Wor-Wic Community College: 410.334.2815
- Nick Morris: 410.430.2923 – First Aid/CPR – American Heart Association - Second Floor Conference Room (Rm #2136)