In response to the Governor's recent mandate for state employees to telework, the Office of Child Care (OCC) will be open to the public by appointment only, beginning March 16, 2020 until at least March 27, 2020.
Office of Child Care Region 9 (Lower Shore Office)
Maryland State Department of Education
201 Baptist Street, Suite 32
Multi-Service Building, 2nd Floor
Salisbury, MD 21801
Map This Location
|Main office phone||410-713-3430|
Anyone who is interested in starting a child care business in a home or center is required to take the face-to-face orientation training. Please contact the Office of Child Care Regional Licensing Office to schedule the Orientation Training.To prepare for your orientation session, you may wish to view the on-line orientation preview. This does not replace the face-to-face orientation session you are required to attend at your regional Office of Child Care. (Click here to go to the Orientation page)"
To obtain required local permits for a Child Care License or Certificate of Registration - Click here
For Provider Training (Pre-Service and Continuing) - please click here to find MSDE-approved training courses, trainers and training organizations.
Lead Licensing Specialist
|Bell, Angelia L.
Region 9 - Upcoming Events and Other Information
2020 LISTENING ROUNDTABLES
Child Care Centers
- Friday July 17, 2020 @ 1-2pm
- Join with Google Meet meet.google.com/dvm-azhq-dwq
- Join by phone (US) +1 413-276-7659 PIN: 116 137 848#
Family Child Care Providers
- Thursday, July 16, 2020 @ 6:30-7:30pm
- Join with Google Meet meet.google.com/zxw-duma-mgy
- Join by phone (US) +1 414-909-6300 PIN: 365 484 987#
FAMILY CHILD CARE ORIENTATIONS I and II
All orientations are being done virtually and you must pre-register with Angelia L. Bell @ email@example.com
Family Child Care Orientation I
Tuesdays, @9:30am- 12:30 pm
- * Monday, July 13, 2020
- Sept 15, 2020
- October 20, 2020
Family Child Care Orientation II
Thursdays, @9:30am- 12:30pm
- August 20, 2020
- November 12, 2020
First Aid and CPR Training
Nick Morris, Instructor, offers First Aid/CPR Sessions through the American Heart Association. Please contact Mr. Morris at (410) 430-2923 for cost and to register for a class.
- Lower Shore Child Care Resource Center:
LOCATE Line – 1.877.261.0060
Monday - Friday, 9:30 A.M. – 3:30 P.M.
Office Line – 410.543.6650
- State Fire Marshal (Somerset & Wicomico Counties): 410.713.3780
- Worcester County Fire Marshal: 410.632.5666
- Health Department (Environmental Health Unit):
Somerset – 410.651.5600
Wicomico - 410.546.4446
Worcester - 410.632.1220
- Permits, Planning, and Zoning:
Call OCC @ 410.713.3430 for the phone number of the county or city office in which you reside.
- Wor-Wic Community College: 410.334.2815
- Nick Morris: 410.430.2923 – First Aid/CPR – American Heart Association - Second Floor Conference Room (Rm #2136)