The Child Care Subsidy (CCS) Program provides financial assistance with child care costs to eligible working families in Maryland. The program is managed through a centralized vendor -- Child Care Subsidy Central (CCS Central).
To be eligible for the CCS Program, you must be:
A Maryland resident who is working/employed, in an approved training program or attending school. For families where both parents live within the same household, both parents must meet all eligibility requirements.
A recipient of Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or within CCS income guidelines (see below).
Willing to have your child immunized to Maryland state standards or provide documentation supporting Exemption from Immunization.
Pursuing child support, if both parents do not live within the same household composition.
Willing to provide proof that each child needing child care is a citizen of the United States or a qualified alien. (Provide a Birth Certificate for each child or documentation that certifies the child's status.) NOTE: Parents ARE NOT required to be citizens of the United States.
Willing to provide proof of identity for all members within the household composition. (Proof of identity for the parent can be any form of a government issued document. The birth certificate or immigration status documentation can serve as proof of identify for each child in the household composition.)
Willing to provide a Photo I.D. (Only required of the head of households.)
Families in the following income categories may be eligible for a Child Care Subsidy: (Updated August 1, 2018)
|Family Size||Maximum Annual Income|
|Family of 2||$48,637|
|Family of 3||$60,081|
|Family of 4||$71,525|
|Family of 5||$82,969|
|Family of 6||$94,413|
|Family of 7||$96,558|
|Family of 8||$98,704|
|Family of 9||$100,850|
|Family of 10||$102,996|
To apply, a family must submit the following to CCS Central:
- The Child Care Subsidy (CCS) application (PDF)
- Verification of work/training activity and income
- To complete the application you MUST send in the information listed for all household members. This includes you, and your spouse or your child’s other parent living in your household.
- Most recent four (4) weeks of consecutive pay stubs
- Proof of identity (i.e. driver’s license, birth certificate, government issued identification, etc.)
- Proof of approved activity (i.e. work, school or job training)
- Proof of all other income
- Proof of child support cooperation or payment
- Proof of address (i.e. utility bill, lease, etc.)
Once the CCS application is approved, the following Subsidy Forms may be needed for continued services and to report changes:
Additional Subsidy documents
Learn more about the Child Care Subsidy program by here.