Child Development Associate (CDA) Fund
Funding to support child care providers with obtaining their Child Development Associate® (CDA) Credential™ from the Council for Professional Recognition.
Who is eligible?
- Registered family child care providers
- Licensed child care center staff
What are the CDA® requirements?
Have a valid high school diploma, GED, or enrolled as a junior or senior in a high school CTE program
Complete 120 hours of professional early childhood education (setting specific)
Obtain 480 hours of work experience (setting specific)
Prepare a CDA professional portfolio with all required documentation
What does the fund cover?
- $425 initial online application fee
- $125 renewal online application fee
- $33 for The Child Development Associate® National Credentialing Program and CDA® Competency Standards book for the following settings: Preschool, Infant-Toddler, or Family Child Care. (Shipping is included in the cost of the required standards book)
How do I apply for funding?
For more information on how to apply for funding, please visit: https://www.marylandfamilynetwork.org/for-providers-training/CDA
"Why should Maryland ECE teachers earn the CDA?" with Dr. Sonia Pruneda-Hernandez (Montgomery College)
RESOURCES TO REVIEW BEFORE APPLYING FOR CDA FUNDING THROUGH THE MARYLAND STATE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION (MSDE)
Watch the "CDA Assessment & Credentialing System: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know!" recorded webinar below:
Download the "CDA Assessment & Credentialing System: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know!" PowerPoint presentation (PDF):
Click here for a (PDF) version of the presentation.
Download the "CDA Credentialing Process Overview" Sheet
Click here for a PDF version of the presentation
FUNDING ELIGIBILITY AND CDA REQUIRMENTS (CLICK IMAGE TO VEIW PDF)
3 EASY STEPS TO APPLY FOR CDA FUNDING THROUGH MSDE (CLICK IMAGE TO VIEW PDF)