The application period will remain open until 9:00 AM on Monday, April 15th. Centers and programs chosen for the 2019 implementation will be notified by Friday, April 26th. We will maintain a waitlist in the event some classrooms are ultimately unable to implement CSW this year.
There will be a one-day CSW orientation for Program Directors/Early Childhood Coordinators who will have teachers in the 2019-2020 implementation. That event will be held in Columbia, MD in early August.
The eligibility and selection requirements are as follows:
- All licensed child care (family and center based) programs and publicly funded PreK programs in Maryland are eligible to apply.
- Priority will be given to centers/schools/programs:
- In a Title I catchment area
- Published in Maryland EXCELS
- Participating in (or willing to participate in) the Maryland Early Learning Assessment (ELA)
- Committed to implementing CSW as their sole PreK curriculum for at least two years
- Willing to participate in an evaluation of the CSW curriculum
- Committed to implementing CSW in all four-year-old classrooms in a building
- Teachers will participate in 4 days of CSW training
- 2 days in the summer, 1 day in October, 1 day in November
- Programs/schools are responsible for transportation and substitute costs associated with training participation.
- Teachers will receive access to all CSW curriculum and professional development resources including:
- one iPad, Read Aloud books, Math materials
For those of you who were unable to join us for the live CSW webinar on Wednesday or who would like to watch it again, a link to the recorded version of the webinar is included below.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to send them to email@example.com.