The Office of Child Care offers a wide array of resources and application materials to support you as a trainer for child care professionals in Maryland.
All trainers must obtain training in the education of adults. Recommended organizations can be found through:
- MSDE-approved Train the Trainer organizations (PDF), including contact information, where you can obtain training to become a child care trainer
Child Care training approval applications:
- Individual applications, and additional required materials, that you must submit to conduct pre-service trainings (PDF), Core of Knowledge trainings (PDF), and training conferences (PDF).
Training Proposal Template, Description Form and Rubric:
- Training proposal materials that can assist you in preparing training modules/courses for approval – the training proposal rubric (PDF) and a sample training proposal (PDF). You can also download the required training proposal description form (PDF) and the planning template (DOC).
Additional Resources to Assist in Training Development:
- A PDF that lays out and explains the pre-service approval process (PDF), along with downloadable documents for lesson plans on child growth and development, infants and toddlers, and school-age children
- Downloadable outcome and indicator charts that can help you in preparing training modules/courses on child growth and development; infant-toddler care and development; preschool curriculum; school-age curriculum; directing and administration; communication skills; and family child care
- Credential modification resources including outcomes and indicators, as well as relevant requirements
Associating trainers to approved training organizations:
- Add/Drop Form (DOC) to be submitted to MSDE with supporting documentation
Forms for reporting:
- Quarterly Training Report forms (DOC) to be submitted to MSDE
Quarterly Training Reports must be submitted by the 15th of January, April, July and October on a form provided by the Office of Child Care.
A Reporting Form is available here (DOC).