This section provides information on standards, curriculum and assessment, and professional development resources to support the teaching and learning of children from Prekindergarten through Grade 2.
For all of us, the goal is to promote children’s learning and development both now and as a foundation for future success. The Division of Early Childhood offers information and resources to support everyone who is involved in achieving this goal for all of Maryland’s children.
Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Information
Download information on Maryland’s Pre-Kindergarten programs…
- MSDE PreK Fact Sheet (DOC)
- Statewide Directory of Public PreK Programs (PDF)
- FAQs for Local School Systems (DOC)
- FAQs for Parents and Families (DOC)
… and Maryland’s public kindergarten programs:
The new Prekindergarten Expansion Grant for FY 2021
This state-funded grant will expand access to high-quality prekindergarten for three-year-olds and four-year-olds from families with household incomes up to 300 percent of Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG).
- Application Rubric (COMING SOON)
- High Quality Prekindergarten
- Recommended Curriculum
- EL Coordinators List
- Assurances Form
- Payment Advance Form (DOC)
- FY2020 Federal Poverty Guidelines Chart
- FY2020 September 30th Enrollment Count
- Fiscal Assistance
- Grant Rubric
Webinar info -
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:30pm – 1:45pm (EDT)
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6pm – 7:15pm (EDT)
We are no longer accepting applications in the mail. Applications must be submitted to email@example.com via email.
Interested in a Particular Topic?
It’s as simple as following the links: