Applicants must complete a grant application (PDF) to be eligible for funds.
Please be careful to respond to every statement of the application. When a statement does not apply, please answer Yes, No or Does Not Apply (N/A).
Any incomplete application will be returned.
A program guide, which explains the program in more detail, including application instructions, funding limits, how funding may be used, and lists of eligible and non-eligible expenses, is available here (PDF).
- One application must be provided for each child care facility when provider(s) operate/own multiple sites. FEIN/SSN identification must be provided per site to qualify for multiple awards.
- Itemize all supplies, materials, and equipment that you propose purchasing. Include the cost of each. Use additional sheets of paper if necessary.
- Provide a description of how you will use each item to improve/enhance the quality of care for the children. The description of how you will use each item is a critically important consideration in the ranking of applications.
- Forward completed application(s) to the Credenitaling Branch.
Grants will be awarded quarterly during each state fiscal year in the months of:
Applicants will be notified in writing whether their application has been approved or disapproved. Child Care Providers are eligible for a Grant Award once every three years.
Grants may be awarded to qualified applicants based upon the number of children in their care:
- A child care facility or family provider with fewer than 10 children may be awarded a grant of up to $1000.
- A child care facility with up to 29 children may be awarded a grant of up to $1,500.
- A child care facility with more than 30 children may be awarded a grant of up to $2,500.